The application processes for our Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (SEFP) and our International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP) are different. Home, EU and international students can apply for our four- or five-year SEFP, providing they have the right entry requirements. International students can apply for our one-year ISEFP.
Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (SEFP)
You should apply for our 4- or 5-year SEFP through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).
You should aim to complete your application by the UCAS undergraduate application deadline (typically 15 January). Late applications can be made up until 30 June. If there are places remaining on the SEFP you can also apply through Clearing in July and August.
UCAS course codes
When submitting your application via UCAS you should select the course code according to the degree programme you want to follow after the foundation year.
- Four year programmes consist of the foundation year plus a further three years of study leading to a BSc degree.
- Five year programmes consist of the foundation year plus a further four years of study leading to a MSci degree.
The institution code for Queen Mary is Q50.
Find out more and apply
You can progress onto degrees in subjects spanning science and engineering through the foundation programme. Visit the foundation website to find out more about options for degree progression.
International Science and Engineering Foundation Programme (ISEFP)
There are two ways to apply:
- By email
To apply by email, you will need to send the required documents (outlined below) to email@example.com.
You will need to fill out the application form (below) and complete all the questions online.
Whether you apply online or by email you will need to supply the following documents:
- Application form for international students (PDF)
- Copies of your high school qualifications
- A copy of your English proficiency test scores
- A personal statement explaining the reasons for your degree choice after completing the International Science and Engineering foundation programme (300 words maximum)
- One academic reference
- A scanned copy of your passport
Please note: Students that have yet to take an English proficiency test may still apply for the ISEFP and will be made a conditional offers subject to meeting the minimum requirement for English proficiency. Each application is individually assessed.
Students are welcome to contact Dr Priscilla Cunnan (Director of the ISEFP) to discuss their application: firstname.lastname@example.org