The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences is home to an active, cutting-edge research programme. Our research staff are engaged in a wide range of ground-breaking projects across the broad sweep of biological, chemical and psychological sciences. Much of this work is made possible by the wide range of in-house analytical services and core facilities. Research activity is also extended and supported by a range of collaborative research centres.
Our funding comes from a variety of research councils and institutions including:
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Council (EPSRC)
- European Research Council (ERC)
- The Royal Society
- The Leverhulme Trust
Postdoctoral research opportunities
For information on postdoctoral research opportunities visit our projects page.
Our research activity is split into four departments:
- Biological and Experimental Psychology
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Organismal Biology
Within these four departments there are groups of researchers focused on more specific topics, each group has an internationally renowned research output:
Search for our research and researchers
Use the table below to search for researchers by name, department, research group, or interest.