The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences offers PhD studentships to Mexican students in partnership with the CONACYT programme. CONACYT offers a scholarship programme which aims to send Mexican students on PhDs to study science and technology at top universities around the world.
Applicant requirements are listed on the CONACYT foreign scholarships page.
Evidence of proficiency in English language skills is a requirement for all international students. Information about English language requirements is available on our entry requirements page.
How to apply
- Contact the supervising academic by e-mail so that an informal discussion can be arranged. You will be asked to provide a CV and personal statement. You may also be asked to submit a short statement of research interests (maximum 1,000 words).
- If the academic agrees to take your application further you will be required to submit an application online.
- If you are successful we will give you an offer on the condition that you are given a funding award from CONACYT.
- When you have received a conditional offer, apply directly to CONACYT.
Deadline for applications
We accept applications all year round.
The funding for CONACYT has two openings:
- Applications received during January to April can expect to have results published in May.
- Applications received during April to June can expect to have results published in August.
Take a look at our PhD projects page for all adverts - you can filter by funding stream to find the projects open to CONACYT candidates.