School of Biological and Chemical Sciences

Postgraduate menu

Self-funding students

Before formally applying to Queen Mary, please make contact with a potential supervisor to secure their agreement in supervising you for a research degree.

The research themes of the School can be found on our research department pages and research interests of individual members of staff can be browsed on their personal pages.

You should contact suitable members of staff by email and send them:

  1. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
  2. Personal statement (1 side of A4)
  3. A research proposal (up to 2 pages of A4) - see our application advice pages for further details
  4. Transcript(s) of your degree(s)
  5. Contact details of two academic referees
  6. An outline of how you intend to fund your studies

You might also be interested in:

Return to top