If you are looking for a specific member of staff visit our People pages.
For general enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 3320
For undergraduate enquiries:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8793 / 3321
For postgraduate enquiries
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7882 3328 / 5889
For research enquiries:
The School of Biological and Chemical Sciences is based in two buildings:
- G.E. Fogg building
- Joseph Priestley (JP) building
Both buildings are located on the Mile End Campus, midway between Stepney Green (on the Hammersmith and City and District lines) and Mile End Tube stations (on Hammersmith and City, District and Central lines).
[ View Larger Map ]
Useful travel links:
- Visit the Transport for London website to view a map of the London Underground
- Use the Transport for London journey planner to explore your best travel options. Our postcode is E14NS.
- View a full map of our Mile End campus (PDF)
Directions to our buildings:
For visitors travelling on the London Underground system to:
The Queen's building
G. E. Fogg Building:
- If you come out of Stepney Green tube station, turn left and walk along the Mile End Road. You will pass a number of Queen Mary buildings on your left hand side. OR if you come out of Mile End tube station, turn left and walk along the Mile End Road. You will pass under a yellow bridge, over the canal and past some Queen Mary buildings on your right hand side.
- After walking for approximately 5 minutes you will reach the Queen's building (pictured). Take the path which runs down the right hand side of the Queen's building (as you face the building). This path runs between the GO Jones and Queen's building.
- At the end of this path turn left and take the path in between the hoardings and the grey temporary building* to come to the main entrance of the G. E. Fogg building.
GE Fogg building
- Our reception is on the first floor (there is lift access).
*We have temporary hoardings in place whilst the new Graduate Centre is constructed, a major new building for postgraduate students. During this time there will be no entry to the Fogg building via Bancroft Road. If you have any difficulties finding us please go to the enquiry desk in the ground floor foyer of the Queens' building for assistance.
Joseph Priestley Building:
Joseph Priestley building
- If you come out of Mile End tube station, turn left and walk along the Mile End Road. Pass under a yellow bridge, over the canal and take the first right into campus. OR if you come out of Stepney Green tube station, turn right and walk along the Mile End Road. You will pass a number of Queen Mary buildings on your left hand side. After you pass the Law and ArtsOne buildings turn left.
- When you walk up Westfield Way, you will pass student accommodation buildings on the right, the Joseph Priestley Building is on your left.
- When you enter the glass doors reception is in front of you.
Our postal address is:
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Queen Mary, University of London
Mile End Road
London E1 4NS