The Psychology division is an academic unit at Queen Mary, University of London and so is not able to respond to individual medical queries regarding mental health or other personal issues. If you are at all concerned about your mental health, well-being or the health of a friend or relative we advise you to contact your doctor.
Recommended sources of information outside Queen Mary, University of London:
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists has produced a series of user friendly and accurate information leaflets about mental health problems.
- Rethink, the charity for severe mental illness, has a number of helplines and advice services. Phone 0845 456 0455 from 9 until 5.30pm.
- SANE offers emotional support, crisis care and detailed information to people experiencing mental health problems and operates an out of hours mental health helpline every day from 6pm until 11pm: 0845 767 8000.
- NHS Direct operates a 24-hour nurse advice and health information service, providing confidential information. The telephone number is 0845 46 47. The service is available in England and Wales and a similar service called NHS24 is available in Scotland or by calling 0845 4 24 24 24.
- If you are having a crisis contact The Samaritans on 08457 909090.